Highlights and Changes for Our Practice for 2019
- Certified Tax Specialist Attorney Tim Kelly will be conducting business as he has for the past twenty-two years, with office appointments in Stockton all during tax season, office appointments in Roseville for one week in February, as well as by telephone. Tim will also continue to offer secure electronic tax return preparation through use of the firm's secure client portal, called Smartvault. Any Client of Tim Kelly & Associates who still wants a face-to-face conference, or to communicate by phone is welcome to make an office or phone appointment with Tim. Make a Stockton office appointment here, schedule a phone conference here or rRegister for an electronic appointment with Tim Kelly here.
- Tim will be available in Roseville from February 11th to the 18th. Make a Roseville appointment here
- Certified Tax Specialist Attorney Kevin Rego will no longer be scheduling office or phone appointments. He will not be working in Roseville with Tim. He will only be available for electronic completion of tax returns through the use of our secure client portal, Smartvault. Read more. and then click here to register for electronic completion of your tax returns with Kevin Rego.
- On or after January 22nd, cancellation or rescheduling of an office or phone appointment with less than seven days notice will result in a $50 surcharge. There is no need to reschedule only because you are still waiting for tax documents. We will accomodate you in this common situation at your original appointment by completing everything else.
- Except where you are just waiting for tax documents to arrive, for office appointments only, we will be charging additional fees for unprepared clients who require extra follow-up time because they did not follow our appointment instructions and were unprepared as a result. In the past, this lack of readiness has caused delays for other clients who were prepared. Read more
- Do not send us anything by US Postal Service (mail) as we will accept no responsibility for its safe delivery. We are flat-out telling you not to mail anything because of the high risk of identity theft from stolen mail, a risk you must completely assume, especially since we offer our secure client portal. Do not use DropBox, Google Drive or unencrypted email, either. If absolutely necessary, use the fax machine at any office store. Read more
- Our tax preparation services remain focused on law enforcement, medical professionals and educational professionals. Read more about the impact of the new tax law on these professions here.
- Access our checklists - Click here
- We also welcome friends and family of our clients. We ask that they contact us first to ensure we are able to provide the types of levels of service they require.
- Tim Kelly handles the taxation of trusts and estates. We will work with the attorney who is administering your trust or estate to ensure tax compliance, especially in light of the fact that a trustee or personal representative may be held personally liable if taxes are not paid first from a trust or estate. Read more
- Tim's law practice also includes international tax issues, taxation of settlements and awards, Innocent Spouse cases, family law taxation (divorce and support), taxation of law enforcement labor unions, audits and appeals, and litigation both in the US Tax Court and US District courts. Read more
- Tim and Kevin are Certified as Specialists in Taxation Law by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California.